CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sae Hee's 6th Month Doctor's Appointment (and some breastfeeding issues ^^)

I always bring Sae Hee to her PD every month, regardless if she is well or not. I just feel that I needed to be assured that she's growing bushy-tailed and on track. The thing is, I didn't vlog on the previous months but I am vowing that I will from now on (help me, God ^^)

The main concern that I had for this month was about her milk. She is taking Wyeth's S-26 Lactose Free since birth. Her first PD tried Enfalac and another brand (my brain failed me again.sorry) but she was vomiting. The hospital did some tests on her and turns out that she's lactose intolerant. When a person is lactose intolerant, he has the inability or insufficient ability to digest lactose; a sugar found in milk and other milk products. It is caused by a deficiency of the enzyme Lactase, which is produced by the cells lining in the small intestine. Chances are she will recover from it as she ages or she may not at all. I'm still taking chances. So to check, we will try out other brands of "normal" milk. Her PD now recommended Wyeth's Promil. She said it is best to introduce a milk coming from the same company when having a shift because they are somehow "connected". Since they are "connected" it would be easier for baby's tummy to welcome the new milky-buddy.

\
900g
1,010 php in Mercury Drug Store

900g is just a week's consumption for my Korean princess. Ouch!!! I know right? hahaha :) The smaller one which I think is 400g, is @ 510php in Mercury Drug stores. I am going to stress that breastfeeding is still the best for babies; it's natural and economical. Nevertheless, if it's inevitable to formula-feed/wean your baby by all means, do so. It's not bad to formula-feed babies because it's better than let them undergo a hunger strike. I had to give up my "breastfeeding dream" because of some inescapable reasons. I mentioned above that my Korean princess had a series of vomiting sessions while at the hospital, her PD advised me to stop breastfeeding her because they were monitoring her milk intake. She was only allowed to take 2 cc of milk every feeding time. She stayed at the hospital for an extra week because we were waiting for the test results to come in. When she was finally out, she refused to latch on me. I was trying so hard to get back her love on my boobies but she was as persistent as a rock! She was screaming, crying and getting wild whenever I try to make her latch. I couldn't resist to see her in that situation plus the hunger that she was having. Just so much for mommy to take. Another thing was, I had a low milk supply. I forced myself to eat as much green leafy vegetables ( I'm not one of veggie's fans), seafoods (not a fan as well) and Papaya fruit (yum yum!!!). All of which are said to increase a woman's milk supply but I don't know what the heck happened to me. I even tried taking Natalac Feferol, a green capsule made from Malunggay (Moringa Oleifera), it was suggested by my cousin who swears by its effectiveness. But then again, I don't know what the heck happened to me. Oh well, we just have to accept things and move on isn't it? 

Anyhow, after Sae Hee's check up, we went to Jo's Chicken Inato House to have our lunch. They are offering unlimited rice, much to our driver's delight. *evil laugh* It's my and hubby's favorite chicken barbecue restaurant. After which,  we went to pick some things from my uncle's workplace then went home. 

Here's the video I made for this post:


I forgot to mention that her PD's RX on her is to add Ceelin Oral Drops for her daily Vitamin C supply.

See you on my next blog post!

Love lots,
Geline <3 







No comments:

Post a Comment